good quote is more than just a quote. A good quote can change the way you see the world. A really good quote can change your life.
When Nick Tart and I did our final read-through of What it Takes to Make More Money than Your Parents (our book of interviews with young entrepreneurs), we couldn’t help but write down some of those really good quotes.
I can honestly tell you that a few of them have changed the way I live and – for that reason – decided to share 40 quotes from our personal lists.
- “Everything started as nothing.” – Ben Weissenstein
- “To any entrepreneur: if you want to do it, do it now. If you don’t, you’re going to regret it.” – Catherine Cook
- “If you’re not doing the things that you love, then your life is not worth living. What are you here for?” – King Sidharth
- “Manual labor sucks, dude.” – Alex Fraiser
- “A lot of people have said that the internet is a teenager. Guess who understands a teenager best: a teenager.” – Syed Balkhi
- “Start today, not tomorrow. If anything, you should have started yesterday. The earlier you start, the more time you have to mess up.” – Emil Motycka
- “There’s no committee that says, ‘This is the type of person who can change the world – and you can’t.’ Realizing that anyone can do it is the first step. The next step is figuring out how you’re going to do it.” – Adora Svitak
- “Every single person I know who is successful at what they do is successful because they love doing it.” – Joe Penna
- “Over-deliver every time.” – Alex Maroko
- “There is no reason to be hesitant… becoming an entrepreneur is a learning experience.” – Savannah Britt
- “I could never learn what I’m learning at college. They don’t teach it there, because it can’t be learned in that way.” – Philip Hartman
- “You’ve got to stop doing all the things that people have tried, tested, and found out don’t work.” – Michael Dunlop
- “I think what teenagers lack is the belief that they can be unique and extraordinary in life. Make the most of your age because you’re not going to be a teenager forever!” – Sabirul Islam
- “You could have a million ideas, but they’re all worthless if you don’t get them done.” – Lauren Amarante
- “Success comes down to hard work plus passion, over time. If you work really, really hard over a long period of time, it will pay off.” – Stanley Tang
- “If you have a goal, be relentless in your pursuit.” – Keith J. Davis Jr.
- “I just try to think of myself as an entrepreneur who happens to be a teen.” – Mark Bao
- “I’m going to reinvent the wheel. My vision of the wheel is unique.” – King Sidharth
- “I would like to be the messed-up child of Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, and Tim Ferriss – morphed into super-genius entrepreneur.” – Marshall Haas
- “It’s not about how many years of experience you have. It’s about the quality of your years of experience.” – Jacob Cass
- “If you’re not making mistakes, then you’re not making decisions.” – Catherine Cook
- “If you pursued something that you felt strongly about, then I call that success.” – Adora Svitak
- “I like the idea of working hard now, so you can earn big later.” – Alex Fraiser
- “Failures are the stepping stones to success.” – Farrhad Acidwalla
- “I hope my companies will help create value and make people happier in the long run. That’s what I’m in it for.” – Mark Bao
- “All of my friends were doing babysitting jobs. I wanted money without the job.” – Adam Horwitz
- “The hardest part about being an entrepreneur is that you’ll fail ten times for every success.” – Adam Horwitz
- “It was just one year ago that I realized that what I was doing was entrepreneurship. Just two weeks ago, I learned how to spell it [laughs].” – King Sidharth
- “You always want to surround yourself with people who are rooting for you and who want you to succeed. Stay away from the naysayers who couldn’t do it themselves.” – Arjun Rai
- “You should always stay hungry. Stay hungry, so you can eat.” – Syed Balkhi
- “If you can’t communicate, you’re going to find yourself a lonely businessperson.” – Keith J. Davis Jr.
- “I don’t want to look too far ahead. The journey is what’s happening right now, not what’s on the finishing line.” – Sabirul Islam
- “Starting your own business is like riding a roller coaster. There are highs and lows and every turn you take is another twist. The lows are really low, but the highs can be really high. You have to be strong, keep your stomach tight, and ride along with the roller coaster that you started.” – Lindsay Manseau
- “If you start with nothing and end up with nothing, there’s nothing lost.” – Michael Dunlop
- “The biggest failure you can have in life is not trying at all.” – Emil Motycka
- “If you’re not in an uncomfortable situation every single day, then you’re doing something wrong.” – Lauren Amarante
- “If you can find people who think that what you’re doing is great, they’re going to do everything in their power to make it a success.” – Juliette Brindak
- “All that you need to become an entrepreneur and change the world is a working brain – and pretty much nothing else.” – Adora Svitak
- “Make it happen now, not tomorrow. Tomorrow is a loser’s excuse.” – Andrew Fashion
- “I like computer games and I treat business a bit like a computer game. I count money as points. I’m doing really well: making lots of money and lots of points.” – Michael Dunlop
If you want to see the top entrepreneurship quotes ever <== click here.